Re: How to get plpython2 in /lib? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dpopova@uvic.ca
Subject Re: How to get plpython2 in /lib?
Date
Re: How to get plpython2 in /lib?  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
Thank you, Adrian.
Maybe, you will be able to find something useful.
I spent more hours trying to
- install PostgreSQL 9.3 (successful, but with python3)
- install PostgresApp 9.3 (unsuccessful, could not start postgres,  but no
matter - no python2 there anyway), then uninstall it.
- install Python 2.7 (successful)

MADlib still cannot be registered - same failure, with no plpython2 found
in /lib:

madpack.py : INFO : Testing PL/Python environment...
madpack.py : INFO : > Creating language PL/Python...
madpack.py : ERROR : SQL command failed:
SQL: CREATE LANGUAGE plpythonu;
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/plpython2": No such file or directory

madpack.py : ERROR : Cannot create language plpythonu. Stopping
installation...
madpack.py : ERROR : MADlib installation failed.

Sad,  :-(

Diana