Dealing with schema in psql utility? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Delaney
Subject Dealing with schema in psql utility?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello all.

In the psql utility, how can I:
1) get a list of the schema that have been created in the current
database
2) View the list of tables in a schema other than "public"?
3) Rename a schema (is there an "alter schema" statement)?

I can't seem to find any way to actually see a list of the schemas that
I've created. And when I create a table in another schema with "create
schemaname.tablename (...)" it doesn't show up in the list of tables
for the database (\d), even though the list has a "schema" column,
which I presumed meant that it would show all of the objects in all
schemas in the database (wrong).

--Dan