Re: Creating a view: ERROR: rules on SELECT must have action INSTEAD SELECT - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Filip Rembiałkowski
Subject Re: Creating a view: ERROR: rules on SELECT must have action INSTEAD SELECT
Date
List pgsql-general
David,

You cannot mix CREATE TEMP TABLE and SELECT in one CREATE VIEW statement

I really recommend looking at WITH statement
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/queries-with.html

Adjusting to your example:

CREATE VIEW test_view AS WITH q AS ( SELECT 2 as two, 3 as three )
SELECT *, two+three as five FROM q;