Re: XML binary I/O (was Re: tsearch refactorings) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: XML binary I/O (was Re: tsearch refactorings)
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Here's a patch that fixes the send/recv functions to work like the
> manual says. It fixes the free/pfree typo as well.

Applied with a further fix: the patch caused xml_recv to call
parse_xml_decl with a non-null-terminated string, which could in the
worst case lead to a crash.

> Included is a new regression test for the send/recv functions as well

I didn't apply this, as it seemed more trouble than it was worth.

            regards, tom lane