Re: Less-silly selectivity for JSONB matching operators - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Less-silly selectivity for JSONB matching operators
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alexey Bashtanov <bashtanov@imap.cc> writes:
> The only little thing I can think of is hardcoding it as 2 * DEFAULT_EQ_SEL.
> While I don't have any arguments against the value itself I think it
> should be configurable independently.
> Sadly DEFAULT_MATCH_SEL name is already taken for text patterns.
> Not sure if it's a reason to rename all the stuff.

Yeah, I was going to invent a symbol till I noticed that DEFAULT_MATCH_SEL
was already taken :-(.

There are only about half a dozen uses of that in-core, so maybe we could
get away with renaming that one, but on the whole I'd rather leave it
alone in case some extension is using it.  So that leaves us with needing
to find a better name for this new one.  Any ideas?