PostgreSQL now() function returns incorrect time - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Giovanni M.
Subject PostgreSQL now() function returns incorrect time
Date
List pgsql-general
I was wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction.
I'm situated in Brazil and recently daylights savings/summer time kicked in and clocks were set one hour ahead. Now on my windows box the system clock automatically adjusted to the correct time. But performing the following query on the postgresql-8.0 server i get this result:

select now()
2005-11-09 13:22:27.625-03

while the actual current time is 14:22h, and being reported correctly in the windows system clock

I have tried finding some information in the documentation and came across locale settings in the postgresql.conf configuration file but Im not sure if this is the correct place to be looking. Should i set the timezone property in postgresql.conf to something other than unknown?

any help would be appreciated,

giovanni

--
A World of KEIGI