Upgrading 8.0.2 to 8.0.3 on Windows XP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Giovanni M.
Subject Upgrading 8.0.2 to 8.0.3 on Windows XP
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

Wondering if somebody can help me out with upgrading a PostgreSQL 8.0.2 installation on Windows XP SP2.

I can´t seem to upgrade to 8.0.3 on a Windows XP Machine. The machine has a limited user account running the pgsql-8.0 service. The first installation was performed succesfully with the win32 installer.
A subsequent upgrade using the upgrade.bat file from the postgresql8.0.3 win32 distribution hangs at the very end with the following isntallation error: "Verify
that you have sufficient privileges to start system services"... I must cancel the installation at this point and it automatically performs a rollback.

I cant seem to figure out why this keeps happening. I´m doing the upgrade from an administrator account with all privileges, the limited user account which runs the pgsql service has log on as service rights...

Anybody know a solution to this, or do I simply need to dump my database, uninstall 8.0.2, do a fresh install of 8.0.3 and reload my database?

Thanks in advance,

gio

--
A World of KEIGI