Re: insert performance riddle - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: insert performance riddle
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 05:37:22PM -0600, Ed L. wrote:
> On Friday August 12 2005 5:27 pm, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> > How consistent were the results before?  I got the impression
> > that you saw consistently bad performance with DBD::Pg when
> > other methods performed well.
>
> Results were very consistent until this morning.  Now dbi/dbd::pg
> are intermittently showing performance 1-2 orders of magnitude
> faster.   :/

Has anything changed on the system since the results were consistently
slow?  New hardware, new versions of anything, reboot, etc.?  Did
you do any profiling when DBD::Pg was consistently slow to see where
the bottleneck was?

--
Michael Fuhr