Re: Upgrading 8.0.2 to 8.0.3 on Windows XP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frank Rittinger
Subject Re: Upgrading 8.0.2 to 8.0.3 on Windows XP
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Giovanni,

I had a similar problem.  I think the windows installer tries to create
a new service which he can't, since there is already one with the same
name.  I uninstalled Postgresql but told it to keep the data directory,
rebooted the machine (that's important since only then the old service
is removed) and installed the new version, using the old data directory.

However, I would still do a dump before :-)

Hope this helps,    Frank

--

Frank Rittinger

TERRAPLAN Geographische Informationssysteme
Gewerbestr. 33
79227 Schallstadt
Germany

Tel.: 07664-505315