Re: Apostrophe doesn't show up in command line - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Apostrophe doesn't show up in command line
Date
List pgsql-general
CSN wrote:
> In a field I have text like "in today's news..." When
> I select that field in psql using putty (Latin-1),
> then apostrophe doesn't show up (shows up as
> "todays"), but it does show up in phppgadmin (and
> other php programs). Is this an issue with psql, or
> putty (or something else)?

It's an issue with your character-set settings somwhere along the line.
This sort of thing can be a real pain - you'll need to check every
component involved. Start at the Windows/putty end, and check what
character set phppgadmin is using (HINT: is it utf-8?)

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd