Re: Problem with recent PostgreSQL relatedpressrelease - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bernd Helmle
Subject Re: Problem with recent PostgreSQL relatedpressrelease
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
--On Montag, Juli 16, 2007 08:22:43 -0400 "Jonah H. Harris"
<jonah.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/16/07, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>> How are necessarily incompatible features such as the empty string vs.
>> null handled?
>
> In some of the Oracle-specific compatibility functions, we work around
> stuff like NULL-concatenation.  But PostgreSQL's method is maintained
> and the default.

But the real interesting parts are NULL-handling emulation which affects
unique index behavior (yes i know this is bad style, but i saw it quite
often) and/or NULL comparisons. What about OUTER JOIN syntax, PL/SQL? I
mean, that's what i'd expect from an oracle compatible database layer and i
was always under the impression that's what EDB wants to deliver.

(Don't get me wrong, i don't want to be rude, it's just out of curiousity)

--
  Bernd