Re: plpgsql , dynamic queries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Heath Tanner
Subject Re: plpgsql , dynamic queries
Date
List pgsql-general
It would be easier to help you with the quoting issues if you provided
an example of the entire query you need to execute and/or the code
you're using to build the query.

Quoting in a function can get pretty hairy sometimes. You might find
this chart helpful, I certainly have:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/plpgsql-porting.html (see
"19.11.1.1. Quote Me on That: Escaping Single Quotes")

I suspect this chart shouldn't be hidden in the "Porting from Oracle
PL/SQL" section of the docs.

-heath