Re: pgsql: Allow Pin/UnpinBuffer to operate in a lockfree manner. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Allow Pin/UnpinBuffer to operate in a lockfree manner.
Date
Re: pgsql: Allow Pin/UnpinBuffer to operate in a lockfree manner.  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-committers
> Allow Pin/UnpinBuffer to operate in a lockfree manner.

Now that I've had some occasion to look around in bufmgr.c, I am very
unhappy that there are still boatloads of comments talking about a buffer
header's spinlock, when there is in fact no spinlock anymore.  Please
expend some effort on making this less confusing for the next hacker.
Maybe make those comments talk about a "lock bit" instead?

            regards, tom lane