Re: Buildfarm member gypsy_moth seems not to like alignment patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Buildfarm member gypsy_moth seems not to like alignment patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jorgen Austvik - Sun Norway <Jorgen.Austvik@Sun.COM> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> This is unfortunate and surprising, since that patch was intended to
>> prevent compilers from making unsafe alignment assumptions, but it sure
>> looks like this compiler has instead added a new one.  Could you poke
>> into it --- at least get a stack trace from the core dump?

> Running initdb with debug:

Hah, I guess the problem is that the compiler decided it was okay to put
the local variable "chunk_data" at an unaligned address.  Patched, but
we'll have to see whether any other places have similar issues.

Thanks for doing the gdb-work.