Re: SPI_getvalue problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: SPI_getvalue problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Alex Guryanow <gav@nlr.ru> writes:
> I have the following problem: the backend crashes on Solaris while
> executing the function SPI_getvalue.
> At the same time on Linux this trigger works fine.
> Is this a bug or my misconfuguration?

Sounds like a bug to me, but you haven't demonstrated that the bug is in
SPI_getvalue and not in your own code.  The first thing I'd wonder about
is if your trigger function is checking for NULL value before calling
SPI_getvalue (or at least before trying to do anything useful with the
result).

The platform dependency of the failure might just be due to a
configuration difference, for example whether the program is set up
to force SIGSEGV on a null-pointer dereference or not.

            regards, tom lane