Re: Primary Key with serial the solution? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From x asasaxax
Subject Re: Primary Key with serial the solution?
Date
List pgsql-general
How about if i do this inside a procedure:

SELECT setval('sequence',(SELECT max(id) FROM table)) INTO variable;
insert into table values(variable, ..., ...); ?

Will this be transactional? Cause, they say that setval is a command that its transactional. Using this way i
don´t will need to use a sequence anymore. Is that correct?

Thanks you all.