Re: Inserting a new column in between. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From RPK
Subject Re: Inserting a new column in between.
Date
Re: Inserting a new column in between.  (Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@spamfence.net>)
Re: Inserting a new column in between.  (Noel Faux <Noel.Faux@med.monash.edu.au>)
List pgsql-general
Andreas,

I am talking about inserting a field or changing their order in the
structure itself. In MS Access and SQL Server we have this facility. Some
times I need to shift the less important field to the last so that when I
query using:

Select * from tablename;

the un-necessary field gets displayed in the last. However, you I can ignore
that field altogether using filtered fields only in Select statement, but
still sometimes it is necessary.