Re: Remove dependence on integer wrapping - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Lakhin
Subject Re: Remove dependence on integer wrapping
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Joe,

17.08.2024 22:16, Joseph Koshakow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to take this opportunity to provide a brief summary of
> outstanding work.
>
> > Also there are several trap-producing cases with date types:
> > SELECT to_date('100000000', 'CC');
> > SELECT to_timestamp('1000000000,999', 'Y,YYY');
> > SELECT make_date(-2147483648, 1, 1);
>
> This is resolved with Matthew's patches, which I've rebased, squashed
> and attached to this email. They still require a review.

I've filed a separate bug report about date/time conversion issues
yesterday. Maybe it was excessive, but it also demonstrates other
problematic cases:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/18585-db646741dd649abd%40postgresql.org

Best regards,
Alexander