problem installing on Solaris 9 SPARC - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jonathan Wynett
Subject problem installing on Solaris 9 SPARC
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Not sure if I am writing to the correct list but this was the address it
gave at the top of the "Supported Platforms" in the docs.

when I run: ./configure --without-readline, I get the following error that
aborts the config process:

"checking types of arguments for accept()... configure: error: could not
determine argument types"

----
I checked the config.log and found the following log msgs:
----

configure:10965: parse error before `accept'
configure:10965: conflicting types for `accept'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:446: previous declaration of `accept'
configure:10965: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:304: storage size of `sin_addr' isn't known
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:320: storage size of `sin6_addr' isn't known
configure:10986: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 10958 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#ifdef HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H
#include <sys/types.h>
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H
#include <sys/socket.h>
#endif
extern unsigned int PASCAL accept (unsigned int, void *, void *);
#ifdef F77_DUMMY_MAIN
#  ifdef __cplusplus
     extern "C"
#  endif
   int F77_DUMMY_MAIN() { return 1; }
#endif
int
main ()
{

  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:11006: error: could not determine argument types

Jon Wynett
Senior Java Developer
Research Systems, Inc.
303-413-3985