Re: Using psql to insert character codes - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Randall Lucas
Subject Re: Using psql to insert character codes
Date
List pgsql-sql
Yes, use a Mac!

I'm not being entirely facetious -- if you can use a Mac OS X terminal
prompt (and if your pg config is substantially similar to mine),
inserting any unicode stuff is quite easy.  Simply typing or
cutting-and-pasting at the terminal let me visually put in accented
Latin, Cyrillic, and Chinese (don't ask me what kind, I am a
sinoignoramus) no sweat.

Also, Java works well for this -- if you can write or use a Java app to
take advantage of its I18N, it will handle the encoding issues via JDBC
quite nicely as far as I can tell.

Best,

Randall