Re: ANY_VALUE aggregate - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vik Fearing
Subject Re: ANY_VALUE aggregate
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/5/22 20:31, Corey Huinker wrote:

> Adding to the pile of wanted aggregates: in the past I've lobbied for
> only_value() which is like first_value() but it raises an error on
> encountering a second value.

I have had use for this in the past, but I can't remember why.  What is
your use case for it?  I will happily write a patch for it, and also
submit it to the SQL Committee for inclusion in the standard.  I need to
justify why it's a good idea, though, and we would need to consider what
to do with nulls now that there is <unique null treatment>.
--
Vik Fearing