Re: libpq - lack of support to set the fetch size - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: libpq - lack of support to set the fetch size
Date
List pgsql-general
matshyeq <matshyeq@gmail.com> writes:
> If 'SingleRowMode' goes row-by-row then again it's not a solution,
> especially given that this particular issue applies to rather large row
> sets.

Perhaps you should actually experiment with that solution instead of
rejecting it out of hand.  Or at least RTFM about it.

It does have limitations: you can't interleave fetching of different
large query results.  But I don't have a problem telling people they
ought to use cursors for such cases.

            regards, tom lane