Re: Thread-unsafe coding in ecpg - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: Thread-unsafe coding in ecpg
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> While (b) has more theoretical purity, I'm inclined to think it
> doesn't really improve anybody's life compared to (a), because
> --disable-thread-safety doesn't actually stop anyone from using
> libpq or ecpglib in threaded environments.  It just makes it
> more likely to fail when they do.

The question is, what do we do on those platforms? Use setlocale() or
fallback to (a) and document that ecpg has to run in a C locale?

We could also rewrite the parsing of numbers to not be locale
dependent.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes