Re: 回复: Core dump happens when execute sql CREATE VIEW v1(c1) AS (SELECT ('4' COLLATE "C")::INT FROM generate_series(1, 10)); - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 回复: Core dump happens when execute sql CREATE VIEW v1(c1) AS (SELECT ('4' COLLATE "C")::INT FROM generate_series(1, 10));
Date
In response to 回复: Core dump happens when execute sql CREATE VIEW v1(c1) AS (SELECT ('4' COLLATE "C")::INT FROM generate_series(1, 10));  (Yulin PEI <ypeiae@connect.ust.hk>)
Responses 回覆: 回复: Core dump happens when execute sql CREATE VIEW v1(c1) AS (SELECT ('4' COLLATE "C")::INT FROM generate_series(1, 10));  (Yulin PEI <ypeiae@connect.ust.hk>)
List pgsql-hackers
Yulin PEI <ypeiae@connect.ust.hk> writes:
>     After several tests, I found that this patch do not fix the bug well.

What do you think is wrong with it?

> So the attachment is my patch and it works well as far as I tested.

This seems equivalent to the already-committed patch [1] except that
it wastes a makeNode call in the coerce-to-uncollatable-type case.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=c402b02b9fb53aee2a26876de90a8f95f9a9be92