Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/08/2017 01:23 PM, John Iliffe wrote:
> On Saturday 08 April 2017 09:38:07 Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> So what if you change the connection to use -h localhost?
>
> Can you please expand on that request?  I'm not sure where you want me to
> put that directive.  I'm using the mod_php module in Apache.

See the second example here:

http://php.net/manual/en/function.pg-connect.php

8<-------------
$dbconn2 = pg_connect("host=localhost port=5432 dbname=mary");
// connect to a database named "mary" on "localhost" at port "5432"

That will try to use a tcp connection on localhost instead of a unix socket.

Another question I don't believe has been asked is, what does your
pg_hba.conf look like?

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com