Re: BUG #8143: Backend segmentation fault in pg_trgm - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #8143: Backend segmentation fault in pg_trgm
Date
List pgsql-bugs
jroller@rjobrien.com writes:
> We've come across a specific query and query plan that causes a repeatable
> segmentation fault on the postgresql backend.

Ah, I see it: gistrescan() is trying to preserve the per-scankey
fn_extra values to allow caching, but what it's doing does not work
if more than one scankey refers to the same consistentFn, ie, the
same index column.  A bit surprising we've not seen this before,
because I think that code has been like that for awhile.

Will fix, thanks for the report!

            regards, tom lane