Re: BUG #17212: pg_amcheck fails on checking temporary relations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17212: pg_amcheck fails on checking temporary relations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 10/14/21 12:15 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Looks like a transient/phase of the moon issue to me.

> Bowerbird is having similar issues, so I don't think this is just a
> transient.

Yeah, I noticed that too today, and poked around a bit.  But I don't
see what this test is doing differently from other tests that
bowerbird is running successfully.  It's failing while trying to crank
up a replica using init_from_backup, which has lots of precedent.

I do see that bowerbird is skipping some comparable tests due
to using "--skip-steps misc-check".  But it's not skipping,
eg, pg_rewind's 008_min_recovery_point.pl; and the setup steps
in that sure look just the same.  What's different?

(BTW, I wondered if PostgresNode->new's own_host hack could fix this.
But AFAICS that's dead code, with no existing test using it.  Seems
like we should nuke it.)