Re: Problems with adding a is not null to a query. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problems with adding a is not null to a query.
Date
Re: Problems with adding a is not null to a query.  (Tim Uckun <timuckun@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
Tim Uckun <timuckun@gmail.com> writes:
>> Possibly the table's never been ANALYZEd ... do you have autovacuum
>> enabled?

> I do have autovacuum enabled and I am running 8.4

Hmm, autovacuum *should* have been keeping track of things for you,
but it might still be worth doing a manual ANALYZE against that table
to see if the estimated rowcount changes.  If not, you'll need to raise
the statistics target for that column (and again ANALYZE).

            regards, tom lane