Re: partition question for new server setup - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Whit Armstrong
Subject Re: partition question for new server setup
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thanks to everyone who helped me arrive at the config for this server.
 Here is my first set of benchmarks using the standard pgbench setup.

The benchmark numbers seem pretty reasonable to me, but I don't have a
good feel for what typical numbers are.  Any feedback is appreciated.

-Whit

the server is set up as follows:
6 1TB drives all seagateBarracuda ES.2
dell PERC 6 raid controller card
RAID 1 volume with OS and pg_xlog mounted as a separate partition w/
noatime and data=writeback both ext3
RAID 10 volume with pg_data as xfs

nodeadmin@node3:~$ /usr/lib/postgresql/8.3/bin/pgbench -t 10000 -c 10
-U dbadmin test
starting vacuum...end.
transaction type: TPC-B (sort of)
scaling factor: 100
number of clients: 10
number of transactions per client: 10000
number of transactions actually processed: 100000/100000
nodeadmin@node3:~$