simple example of copying data from a c/c++ array into postgres - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Whit Armstrong
Subject simple example of copying data from a c/c++ array into postgres
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
would someone mind showing me an example of making an insert from binary data to postgres?

I'm currently doing the inserts via a scripting languge, but I would like to do them directly in c/c++ code.

my data looks like this (date and double):

2008-12-03         2.6585
2008-12-04         2.5513
2008-12-05         2.7037
2008-12-08         2.7378

my script does something like this:

insert into kls_clnt.obs (id, asofdate, datavalue) values (100, 2008-12-03, 2.6585);

for every row of the data.

Since, I already have this data in a C array, it must be faster to iterate through the rows of the array and persist the data directly from C to the database.   Can someone direct me to a simple example of doing this?

Thanks,
Whit