analyze anomalie - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Uwe Bartels
Subject analyze anomalie
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

today i found an anomalie running
analyze verbose <table>

the output was simply "ANALYZE", which tells me that analyze was running successfully. but there was no verbose output. and in the statistics table was no updated last_analyze column.

I run that automaticly in the background or manually in a psql session or via pgAdmin. Everywhere the same.

Then I run a "vacuum analysze verbose" and then I see the verbose output for the analyze and of course the vacuum. And now the last_analyze column in pg_statistics is updated.

So what's problem here? Why is this analyze only apppearing to run, but doesn't?

Our postgres is 8.3 64 bit in solaris x86.

best regards,
Uwe