PostgreSQL and OpenLdap - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Cristiano Panvel
Subject PostgreSQL and OpenLdap
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Friends,

This is my first post in the list.
I am not obtaining authentication my users of PostgreSQL in OpenLdap.

1) PostgreSQL was compiled with the support to ldap in a FreeBSD System.
"option --with-ldap for configure".

2) The user also exists in the base of the OpenLdap

3) Already I also added the line of configuration in "pg_hba.conf" and
in the "pg_service.conf"

$ tail /etc/pg_service.conf
ldap://ldap.cb.sc.gov.br/dc=cb,dc=sc,dc=gov,dc=br

$ cat /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf

local   all         all                               trust

host    all         all         10.193.4.0/24         md5 DITI/CBMSC.

ldap://ldap.cb.sc.gov.br/dc=cb,dc=sc,dc=gov,dc=br

4) To create the usuary I make thus

# su - pgsql
% createuser scott

After the made configurations, I try to effect login and is error of password.

remote# psql postgresql -h server -U scott -W
psql: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "scott"

It will be that somebody could help me, "I am making something incorrect !!!"

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/libpq-ldap.html

Thanks Cris.