Re: add operator ^= to mean not equal (like != and <>) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Karlsson
Subject Re: add operator ^= to mean not equal (like != and <>)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/10/21 10:27 AM, 孙诗浩(思才) wrote:
> Before send patch review, I want to konw whether the postgres maintainer
> will approve my changes.
>
> So, please give me some advice.

Welcome!

I do not think that is a feature which will get much interest from the
developers since it is unclear to me what the advantage of yet another
alias for not equal would be. It just takes up yet another operator and
means that there is yet another thing to remember for the users.
Personally I feel it is bad enough that we have two ways of writing it.

What is he reason you want to add ^= is there any other databases which
uses ^= for inequality?

Andreas