Re: backend crash on DELETE, reproducible locally - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ondřej Bouda
Subject Re: backend crash on DELETE, reproducible locally
Date
Re: backend crash on DELETE, reproducible locally
List pgsql-general
 > Hmm, this one smells like c203d6cf81b4 -- haven't seen any fixes for
 > that one.  Can you share more details on this?  I think the failing
 > update is on table with oid=557732818, but I might be wrong.

That's exactly the table, public.schedulecard.
We issue an UPDATE changing some of its columns. E.g.,

UPDATE public.schedulecard SET ext_ident=null,
rotates=false,period_num=1,period_day=2 WHERE id=3817

lets the server crash. See the main log:

2018-11-06 17:29:40.031 CET [30202] LOG:  server process (PID 29879) was
terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault
2018-11-06 17:29:40.031 CET [30202] DETAIL:  Failed process was running:
UPDATE public.schedulecard SET ext_ident=null,
rotates=false,period_num=1,period_day=2 WHERE id=3817;
         select * from schedulecard where id = 3817
2018-11-06 17:29:40.031 CET [30202] LOG:  terminating any other active
server processes

The query is reproducible - it always lets the server segfault. It
crashes on multiple rows on that table -- actually, I haven't found any
non-failing row yet.

I thought triggers should be suspected. However, even when all the three
triggers have been disabled (ALTER TABLE DISABLE TRIGGER), the UPDATE
crashed the server.

What else could I try?

Regards,
Ondřej Bouda