Re: BUG #17360: array_to_string should be immutable instead of stable - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Gergely Czuczy
Subject Re: BUG #17360: array_to_string should be immutable instead of stable
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello,

Thanks for explaining Tom, I wasn't aware these things on the internals.

Wouldn't it possible to add polymorphs for immutable types, like
func(text[]), func(int[]), etc, mark those immutable, and keep the
generic for all the other not-explicitly-dealt-with types as stable?
Again, I don't really know the implementation details here, so it's just
my tuppence.

Thanks again for explaining it.

Regards,
Gergely