Re: auto truncate/vacuum full - Mailing list pgsql-general

From JC Praud
Subject Re: auto truncate/vacuum full
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
JC Praud escribió:

> So my question are: can the autovacuum daemon perform vacuum full ? Or
> another internal postgres process ? Could it come from the TRUNCATE I run
> and canceled 4 days before ?

No.  Autovacuum only issues commands that don't lock tables strongly.  I
doubt this has anything to do with your old TRUNCATE either.  My guess
is that somebody else ran TRUNCATE and forgot to tell you; or maybe an
automatic external process (cron or some such).

I suspected that, too. And asked the ninjas we have here ;) I also checked the vacuum cronjobs we have.
None performing full vacuum on this table.
If it was the case, I should have seen the query in the pg_log as a slow query, I guess ?

Regards,

--
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

JC
Ph'nglui  mglw'nafh  Cthulhu  n'gah  Bill  R'lyeh  Wgah'nagl fhtagn!