Re: The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country.
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/11/21 2:53 AM, Stephan Knauss wrote:
> Hello Felix,
>
> On 11.04.2021 02:31, felix.quintgz@yahoo.com wrote:
>> I see no reason why ask elsewhere first, the link for the installer
>> download is on the Postgresql website, not elsewhere. The most logical
>> thing to do is ask here first.
>
>> Because it is the Postgresql installer.
>> https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads
>>
> It's unfortunate that your download is blocked. As indicated by others I
> am also wondering why you ask here for community support.
>
> You pointed to a download link which is controlled by a private company
> selling Postgresql services:
>
> Read about this company on an independent website:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EnterpriseDB
>
> If you are looking for the download links of the PostgreSQL project, you
> can find it here:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/

Which as others have pointed out links to the EDB site for certain
downloads. As also pointed it is not entirely clear that some of the
links are to PGDG installs and some are third party.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com