Standard REGEX functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vik Fearing
Subject Standard REGEX functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The standard uses XQuery regular expressions, which I believe are subtly
different from ours.  Because of that, I had been hesitant to add some
standard functions to our library such as <regex occurrences function>.

While looking at commit 6424337073589476303b10f6d7cc74f501b8d9d7 from
last year (which will come up soon from somebody else for a different
reason), I noticed that we added those functions for Oracle
compatibility even though the regexp language was not the same.

Are there any objections to me writing a patch to add SQL Standard
regular expression functions even though they call for XQuery and we
would use our own language?
--
Vik Fearing