Re: [GENERAL] PostgrSQL server : CPU and Memory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PostgrSQL server : CPU and Memory
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/17/2017 8:50 PM, kaustubh kelkar wrote:
> I am a developer and I want to monitor metrics related to CPU and
> Memory of PostgreSQL server only using SQL queries.

postgres itself doesn't track that level of OS specific stuff.

> Do we have any system tables which can give us the data? I have found
> this one
> https://aaronparecki.com/2015/02/19/8/monitoring-cpu-memory-usage-from-postgres
>
> but dont know whether it is exactly the same what I need.

thats reading the /proc/.... stuff available on Linux systems via SQL,
its the same stuff OS level tools like ps, top, free use... it won't
work on non-Linux systems, even other Unix systems like BSD don't have
the same /proc stuff, and other OS's like Windows don't have /proc at all.

if you don't know whether that's what you need, I'm not sure how we
could know what you need.