Re: Transparent column encryption - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Transparent column encryption
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 23.11.22 19:39, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Here is another updated patch.  Some preliminary work was committed,
> which allowed this patch to get a bit smaller.  I have incorporated some
> recent reviews, and also fixed some issues pointed out by recent CI
> additions (address sanitizer etc.).
>
> The psql situation in this patch is temporary: It still has the \gencr
> command from previous versions, but I plan to fold this into the new
> \bind command.

I made a bit of progress with this now, based on recent reviews:

- Cleaned up the libpq API.  PQexecParams() now supports column
encryption transparently.
- psql \bind can be used; \gencr is removed.
- Added psql \dcek and \dcmk commands.
- ALTER COLUMN MASTER KEY to alter realm.

Attachment