Re: BUG #14340: pg xlog size increasing - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Vik Fearing
Subject Re: BUG #14340: pg xlog size increasing
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 09/26/2016 03:53 PM, kgmeetsonu@gmail.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      14340
> Logged by:          sonu gupta
> Email address:      kgmeetsonu@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.4.9
> Operating system:   Red Hat 4.8.5-4, 64-bit
>
> Hi,
>
> I created a new DB, with a master and 2 slave nodes on different data
> centers.
>
> I observed, pg xlog size is increasing rapidly and now its 183 GB, while
> simple update is going on on a single table.
>
> xlog size is not getting down...
>
> I assume, missing some config setting.
>
> Please help me, its urgent.
>
> Thanks in advance!!!

This is not a bug, please direct future questions like this to the
pgsql-general list.

Check that your archive_command is functioning correctly, and that you
don't have any inactive replication slots (select * from
pg_replication_slots where not active).  Also check the server logs if
both those things are okay.
--
Vik Fearing                                          +33 6 46 75 15 36