Re: Forrester: Ingres and MySQL Lead Open Source Databases - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Paragon Corporation
Subject Re: Forrester: Ingres and MySQL Lead Open Source Databases
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

>> Yeah. PostgreSQl lacks <availability, security and performance
>> qualities of enterprise class databases> which MySQL obviously has.
>
>> Whoever inventented this bullshit must have been paid a serious amount
>> of money from somewhere.

> No, it's actually a combination of other things, mostly that I didn't have
any time to follow up with Forrester this spring, and nobody was available
to help.  Sometimes
> the fact that we're an OSS project and not a company with full-time
marketing staff bites us on the tuchas.

> I'll talk to Forrester and see how we can improve this.

I would tend to agree with Leif on this one.  I mean they didn't even spell
IBM Informix right.  Or is there really an IBM Informatix I don't know
about.

Also why are the stats downloadable from Ingres site and not Forrester?  I
know they made it clear that Ingres did not  pay for this review but when a
review leads to a site that is flashing in the title, it does make me a bit
suspicious of its influences regardless of what is said.  Perhaps I'm just
being needlessly paranoid.

Thanks,
Regina