Re: Forrester: Ingres and MySQL Lead Open Source Databases - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Forrester: Ingres and MySQL Lead Open Source Databases
Date
Re: Forrester: Ingres and MySQL Lead Open Source Databases  (decibel <decibel@decibel.org>)
List pgsql-advocacy
> Yeah. PostgreSQl lacks «availability, security and performance qualities
> of enterprise class databases» which MySQL obviously has.
>
> Whoever inventented this bullshit must have been paid a serious amount
> of money from somewhere.

No, it's actually a combination of other things, mostly that I didn't
have any time to follow up with Forrester this spring, and nobody was
available to help.  Sometimes the fact that we're an OSS project and not
a company with full-time marketing staff bites us on the tuchas.

I'll talk to Forrester and see how we can improve this.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.