Re: "1-Click" installer problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Gage
Subject Re: "1-Click" installer problems
Date
List pgsql-general
This is of interest to me, because something similar happens on the
Mac (with the one-click installer).

The data directory is placed in a file that user 'postgres' has
permission on.  Of course, this is a new user, created by postgres,
but what it ends up meaning is that I run all my postgres files under
root instead of in my user directory.

Now, I know that is stupid, cludgy, and probably un-American, but it
was the simplest work-around I came up with.

I wonder if the problems arise because user 'postgres' is being
created on the Windows machine and no one expects him, knows he's
there, or has ever met him?

John