RE: libpq: large objects - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Philipp Käser
Subject RE: libpq: large objects
Date
List pgsql-general
hej,

okay, after fiddling around quite a bit, I noticed
that everything *has* to be in a transaction. So, there's
no need to waste your time on me, then :)

thanks anyway, bye
Philipp Käser

-----Original Message-----
From: Philipp Käser [mailto:pkaeser@obtree.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 19. September 2000 15:34
To: 'pgsql-general@postgresql.org'
Subject: [GENERAL] libpq: large objects

hej,

I'm having some troubles importing/exporting large objects using the
libpq C interface. I wrote a simple test program to see where the error
might be, but not even this seems to work:
test.cpp should import a file /tmp/redball.gif, and just try to open the
large object.
then, there is a manually inserted object in the database which I want
to export as /tmp/redball1.gif.
All functions fail with errors.

However, when doing the same import/export procedure using the
psql commandline tool, there's no problem. do you have any suggestions
what might be wrong? is the large object interface of libpq still very
much under development? Did I forget anything of great importance?

[.... snip]
----