Re: Re[2]: [BUGS] Segfault in MemoryContextAlloc - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Re[2]: [BUGS] Segfault in MemoryContextAlloc
Date
Re: Re[2]: [BUGS] Segfault in MemoryContextAlloc
List pgsql-bugs
On January 27, 2016 12:23:07 PM GMT+01:00, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi

>> That's, uh, weird. TopTransactionContext should never be NULL here.
>This
>> is with a stock 9.4.5, without any further extensions configured?
>>

>> It is a stock 9.4.5 with pg_buffercache (1.0) and plv8 (1.4.0)
>installed
>> extensions.
>>

>I had to fix our log processing extension for 9.5 due NULL
>TopTransactionContext. So I can confirm this issue.

But this report isn't about 9.5 afaics.

>When I start database vacuuming by analyze_new_cluster.sh, then
>Postgres
>randomly fails in my extension.

What exactly does your extension do? And where did you add that null check?

Andres

---
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.