RE: Poor man's replication using WAL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mikheev, Vadim
Subject RE: Poor man's replication using WAL
Date
List pgsql-general
> Has anyone implemented a form of one way replication with the new
> write ahead logging in 7.1?
>
> I'm looking for a way to have a warm or hot standby server waiting to
> take over in the event of a machine failure.
>
> I know there's discusion about adding replication to future releases,
> I'm just wondering if anyone is doing it now.

I would recommend to use Rserv from 7.1' contrib instead.
Personally I would spend efforts implementing true sync
bi-directional replication rather than trying to use WAL
for replication purposes (one of limitation: you would have to
use same platforms for both production and standby servers).

Vadim