RE: RE: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/src/backend/access/transam ( xact.c xlog.c) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mikheev, Vadim
Subject RE: RE: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/src/backend/access/transam ( xact.c xlog.c)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Ok, so with CHECKPOINTS, we could move the offline log files to
> somewhere else so that we could archive them, in my
> undertstanding. Now question is, how we could recover from disaster
> like losing every table files except log files. Can we do this with
> WAL? If so, how can we do it?

Not currently. WAL based BAR is required. I think there will be no BAR
in 7.1, but it may be added in 7.1.X (no initdb will be required).
Anyway BAR implementation is not in my plans. All in your hands, guys -:)

Vadim