RE: Alternative database locations are broken - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mikheev, Vadim
Subject RE: Alternative database locations are broken
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> With the new oid file naming, the alternative database
> location feature has disappeared.  Not good.
>
> Also, is there any merit in keeping the #ifdef
> OLD_FILE_NAMING code path?

No one. I've removed some of old code but not all, sorry.

> I could probably go through and fix this, but I'm not fully
> aware about the larger plan of table spaces that's apparently
> sneaking in here (cf. RelFileNode.tblNode).

This would be very appreciated. Table spaces will be in 7.2,
hopefully. For the moment tblNode is just database OID
(InvalidOid for shared relations). I think that to handle
locations we could symlink catalogs -
ln -s path_to_database_in_some_location .../base/DatabaseOid

TIA,
Vadim