Re: PGCon 2008 RFP - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dan Langille
Subject Re: PGCon 2008 RFP
Date
Re: PGCon 2008 RFP  ("Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Re: PGCon 2008 RFP  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Re: PGCon 2008 RFP  ("Jonah H. Harris" <jonah.harris@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Dec 29, 2008, at 3:31 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Event organizers _say_ the slides will be online, but that is often
> weeks/months after the conference, if at all, and they often can't
> _force_ presenters to submit their slides.

Some presenters are better than others.  And they get their slides
up on time too.

<fairy tale>
If we have enough volunteers:  speakers will be accosted in the
lecture hall just before their talk.  The attacker will have a USB drive
and will not let the presenter speak until they supply a copy of the
slides.
</fairy tale>

Said attacker will then upload the slides during the talk.

Insert applause here.

Idea blatantly stolen from stories I've been told.

--
Dan Langille
http://langille.org/